Indian Railways offers retiring rooms facilities on railway stations for all travellers who wish to take some time to rest before they resume their journey. However, for different room categories such as single and dormitory (AC or non-AC), passengers must book their retirement room in advance either offline or online at different prices.
Booking Retiring Rooms made simple from Railways Tourism website, All you need is Confirm Ticket, and you can book using your PNR Number. You need to Book your Rooms in advance, depending on the availability of rooms.
IRCTC Retiring Rooms are Perfect Options for you if you are looking for cheap accommodation near the railway station. Rooms are available in Single, Double and Dormitory type of occupancy with AC and Non AC combination. You can Book Rooms for Minimum 12 Hrs to Maximum 48 Hrs. However, hourly booking is also available at select stations.
Currently, the Retiring Rooms facility is available in more than 500+ Railway Stations in India. You can search using PNR and Find whether the railway station has a facility available or not.
What is Railways Retiring Room?
Railways Retiring Rooms are rooms available at railway stations across India; they are available in single, double, and dormitory-style occupancy combinations with AC and Non-AC.
How would be room Accommodation?
- For one passenger, one Single Bed Room or One Double Bed Room or One Bed in a Dormitory can be allocated.
- For two passengers, One Double Bed Room or Two Bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For three passengers (one Double Bed Room + One Single Bed Room) or Three Beds in the Dormitory can be allocated.
- For four passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Four beds in the Dormitory can be allocated.
- For five passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Five beds in the Dormitory can be allocated.
- For Six passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Six beds in the Dormitory can be allocated.
What is the duration of Booking Retiring Rooms?
Minimum 12 hours to 48 hrs at most. Hourly reservations are also available at select stations.
What are the rules for Cancellation of Retiring Rooms?
1. Deduction of 20 percent of the reservation amount if cancelled 2 days in advance except the day of occupation (first day)
2. Deduction of 50 percent of the reservation amount if cancelled one day in advance of the day of occupation (first day).
3. If the retiring room booking is cancelled on the same day, no refund shall be admissible.
4. Cancellation of passenger wise is not allowed, only room wise cancellation is permitted.
5. If more than one room/dormitory is booked and the cancellation is made for a few rooms/dormitories, then rules 1, 2, and 3 of the cancellation must refer to the room/dormitory as necessary.
How to Book IRCTC Retiring Rooms Online?
- Visit Railways Tourism website
- Click Login and Loging With Your IRCTC Credentials
- Now Enter Your PNR Number Click Search
- Check Rooms Availability and Prices
- Complete your Booking by Making Payment Online
- Once You are Done. Take a Printout of your Booking.
However, You can alternatively book a retiring room from the railway station once you arrived at the destination station. But, there are lesser chances of room availability.