The process of creating a New PAN card now becomes easy with simple steps. You can do it yourself without having to rush to the agent and paying any fees.
The process is simple and free; and you don't require to upload any documents. All you need is your Aadhaar card which is linked to your mobile number.
This is a paperless process that can be done online from your browser. By following our steps to steps guide you can create a new e-PAN card and download instantly which holds the same value as a physical PAN Card.
Later on, you can apply for a physical PAN using an acknowledgment number or you can still print out downloaded e-PAN.
Before you apply for a fresh PAN card make sure you follow the criteria.
- The User should not have previously applied for a PAN Card
- The User has an Aadhar Card Which is linked with Phone Number
- The Applicant Should not be Minor at the time of applying
Steps to Apply for a New PAN card Online
- Visit the income tax department's e-filing portal
- Click on Get New PAN on the new page
- Now Enter your Aadhaar number for allotment of new PAN card and the Captcha code and click Generate Aadhaar OTP
- Enter OTP and Validate Your Aadhaar
- You can also validate your Email as well
- Now Your New PAN Card is created.
- To check status or download your Aadhaar card, Visitthis page
- You can download your fresh PAN card in PDF format and you will also get your e-PAN via email which is linked with your PAN card.
How to get your PAN Card's Physical Copy?
You can get a Physical Copy of a Newly Created PAN Card from NSDL Website.
- VisitNSDL Portal & Enter your PAN card and Adhaar Card Details along with Birth Details and Fill the form. (Charges for Reprint of PAN card is Rs. 50).
- On Next Step Pay Rs. 50 using any online payment method
- You will recieve your Physical PAN card within 2 weeks
- Keep your acknowledgment number ready to track your application status
Is e-PAN/instant PAN Card valid?
e-Pan or Instant PAN card holds the same value as a physical card. the newly generated PAN will also be linked with your Aadhaar card so you don't need to do the second process.